Friday, August 29, 2008

Dreams crushed at local playground


Little Johnny Sneed won't be pursuing his dreams of becoming an AMA roadracing champion and has sullenly retrieved his clarinet from its dusty, abandoned case. This after a surprise visit to Floyd McCanless, Jr. Memorial Park by international racing megastar, P. O'Moto. 

"I began my career on spring rider playground toys," said the current F1, MotoGP, World Superbike, World Rally, and Monster Truck champion. "I don't want to discourage the kiddies, but reality is like getting bitten by your dog.  It's inevitable and it always leaves a mark."

Johnny was not as philosophical, as his goal of one day claiming a Superbike title was dashed by O'Moto's astonishing display of bouncy skills. "I was, like, the best here for the last two summers. But Mr. O'Moto rode that Panda like it wasn't even endangered. I'm going home."

"My spring-awareness is a skill I don't take lightly," said P, signing autographs for Sneed's former fans. "It's definitely part of my weekly training regimen."

Sadly for Little Johnny Sneed, O'Moto's Grammy-winning album of clarinet concertos has just been re-mastered and released to universal critical acclaim.

*No pandas were injured in the writing of this article.

No comments: