Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Victory Burnout Stuns Art Historians


Following another stunning yet wholly predictable victory at San Marino this weekend, MotoGP's biggest star, P. O'Moto, left a smoking souvenir for the fans gathered at Misano's start/finish line -- a reimagining of Leonardo Da Vinci's "Mono Lisa".

"When I saw all that tire smoke, I thought he was just gonna solve another ol' quadratic equation, like he usually does," said fan club President, Kenny Roberts, Sr. "But then I seen that familiar smirk on Leo's girl and knew we were in for something really special."

Completed in just 45 seconds, the "little doodle" as O'Moto referred to it, is arguably Italy's most important artistic contribution of the last decade. 

"I got a terrible start because our new zipper clutch isn't working quite right," said O'Moto, clutching the Holy Grail he'd uncovered during a brief off-track excursion on the sighting lap. "But after Stoner tumbled off his bike stand and Rossi pulled over to let me pass,  I got inspired and spent the rest of the race doing sketches in my head."

"I like it alright, but it probably would have been a little better had I used a hard rear."

Later this week, a carbon fiber frame will be placed around Italy's newest masterwork, and a chicane will be added to re-route race traffic.

Bridgestone engineers are quickly developing race tires in an array of muted colors.

No comments: